The Business Analyst I will serve as liaison between IT development team and operational units to gather detailed requirements and specifications from users, assist in the design and development of technical solutions, and ensure the technical solutions meet the user’s needs. Responsible for the set-up and administration of application data configurations as well as the establishment and configuration of process flows in MSLA's internal information system to help users improve efficiency. Document and Translate business requirements into technical solutions. Assist with the quality assurance and testing processes to ensure that the developed software functions satisfy original and end user requirements.
- Elicit, vet, and document business requirements, from users groups and project stakeholders, for software and reporting updates
- Answer CMS user questions. Provide escalation path for MSLA applications and answer user questions as needed
- Create backlog of items by documenting business requirements and translating into technical specifications for software development
- Contribute to various projects, process improvements, and strategic initiatives in a support role or in a system/subject matter expert (SME) role
- Research and document issues / bugs before reporting these to the developers
- Assist in testing new system functionality before it is implemented to ensure it meets business and user requirements